Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blowing up balloons? It must be a blog party!


 

After a less than fun day (living in Tanzania in 2008 has lead to an invitation for a TB x-ray for tourist visa, starting 6 days of antibiotics due to a tiny scratch that got infected, boy problems, you name it...), I'm glad to notice that writing about and taking pictures of hobbies and travel as interested so many readers. While writing the figure is 1997. And since I'm pretty good at planning and preparing for parties, I wanted to write this blog post now. Because soon, the figure will hit 2000 and I think it's time for a blog party!!! :)

Hitting this magic figure meant that I started to inspect more carefully the statistics behind my blog. Most of the readers are from Finland, but during the past week, and the whole month, in fact, it's almost a 50-50 situation between Finland and Australia (thanks to Len's skike and ski promotions :D) and also the States are well represented. I'm especially keen on spotting countries like Brazil, Philippines, Russia, Maledives and France, because I like imagining who these people are and how they stumbled upon my blog. I have a hunch on who reads my blog in Philippines and India, and I'm thinking that maybe the Russian figure is explained by Kangaroo Hoppet, since Team Russia was well represented there. Whoever you are and where ever you are - I welcome you to read the blog also in the future! :)
Most of the search words that have lead to the blog are obvious: fodmap diet, here be dragons melbourne or lennu. Less obvious are and the vompats, jewish people in st kilda and my favourite: blowing up balloons. Only time I mentioned was balloons was when talking about IBS, FODMAPs and describing the sensation of bloating and feeling like a balloon is expanding in the gut. Not very positive images, but hey, it's a party, why not turn it to a positive and fun thing instead?! *<:)

For those who are into sports, I can "reveal" that the upcoming blog post will be on my new hobby: rogaining! I can just see my Aussie friends shaking their heads when reading this, that can't that Finnish girl come up with any ordinary sport for a change...! Nope, no she can't - thanks to some lovely Australian friends, who've introduced me to these sports (yes, Len, I mean you :D)! Besides, I haven't even tried the weirdest of Aussie sports yet. The Australian Football League (AFL) aka footy season is about to end this Friday (Hawthorne vs. Sydney), and although I've seen a live match and watched some on telly, I haven't even touched the peculiar almond-shaped ball yet! ;) Supposedly girls don't even play (booooo!!!). 


Fit, fitter, AFL player.


One thing is for sure - things will always work out and by now I'm already able to laugh at today's events. Plus writing this blog post has made me happier. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment